Portland Co-ed Soccer 2020 Season-Cancelled

After consulting with a number of folks & leagues, going over the guidelines put forth by the Governors of Oregon & Washington (as applicable), and taking all the health implications into consideration, Portland Co-ed Soccer has decided to Cancel the 2020 Outdoor Co-ed Season. We do not do this lightly, but feel that it is the best option at this time.
As you might have guessed, there are no fields at this time that are open for league use, and there is no specific timeline as to when any of them might be available. Couple that with the information that is available regarding COVID-19, both in the US and abroad, specifically recovery rates, possible re-infection data going out, and the vast unknown that applies to all of this, makes trying to pin down any sort of timeline very difficult. Our main concern is the health and well being of all the members of the Portland Co-ed Soccer league, and doing what we believe is necessary to support that as best we can. Making sure everyone is able to go out and participate in the games safely is worth the wait.
We are looking into the possibility of maybe having a Co-ed Tournament during the Summer, to at least get some soccer played, but it will be dependent upon where we are in restrictions, what fields are available, how many are interested in it, and what we would need to do to organize it. As we get more information, we will let you know if it is feasible.
Stay healthy, stay safe, and we hope to see you out on the fields when we can all get out there to play.

Start a Conversation

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

5 × one =